Backend Software Developer
The job has expired.
We pride ourselves on our clear, focused and inspiring entrepreneurial vision that enlightens and aligns our departments through consistent communications and a supportive culture. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals interested in joining our team.
We offer competitive base salary, training, full suite of health and dental benefits, personal days, and a fun, vibrant culture.
Working in an agile team environment, you will play an integral part of driving our core international payment processing systems forward. You will be helping bring our forex and ecommerce software to the forefront of both technical innovation and the financial industry.
As a Backend Developer you will be responsible for writing high quality maintainable, scalable, testable, and secure code for our backend systems and databases.
- Backend: .NET C#, ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC, WebAPI, Solr, NServiceBus, SignalR, Hangfire, XUnit, SQL Server
Essential Abilities and Attributes
- Solid understanding of software design principles
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Follow best development practices (e.g. Agile, clean code, unit tests, continuous integration) and apply your experience to new and evolving environments
- Build and maintain robust and scalable code to support innovative features
- Work constructively in a group as well as individually
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with Product Owners, Developers, Scrum Master, and QA
- Motivated to learn and keep up with new technologies and apply them appropriately
The Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent education / experience
- 3+ years’ experience working as a Software Developer or in a similar capacity
- Extensive experience with complex backend systems
- Excellent knowledge of C# and multi-threading
- Experience with designing, developing, securing and consuming Web services (Restful and SOAP-based)
- Experience with unit testing and test methodologies
- In-depth understanding of SQL (MS SQL Server 2012) and SQL optimization
- Experience with profiling and code performance tuning is a plus
- Knowledge of .NET web development (ASP.NET, ASP.NET MVC) is a plus
- Knowledge of front end development in React/TypeScript/Node.js is a plus
- Experience in event driven systems is a plus
- Experience in FinTech industry is a plus
About The Company
Cambridge Global Payments, a FLEETCOR company, is a leading provider of integrated cross-border payment services and risk management solutions. As a trusted partner for 25 years, Cambridge delivers innovative solutions designed to mitigate foreign exchange exposure and address unique business needs. Our award-winning capabilities and industry-leading technologies simplify the way businesses connect with the global marketplace. As one of the largest bank-independent providers globally, we are flexible and responsive, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia. Learn more at cambridgefx.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.