Junior Treasury Analyst
The job has expired.
We pride ourselves on our clear, focused and inspiring entrepreneurial vision that enlightens and aligns our departments through consistent communications and a supportive culture. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals interested in joining our team.
We offer complete on the job training, full suite of health and dental benefits, RRSP Matching Plan, personal days, and a vibrant culture with an active social committee, and many growth opportunities in our Toronto headquarters, just steps away from the CN Tower and GO Station.
The successful candidate will join a demanding and busy Finance division and will be primarily responsible for the analysis of banking fees with an aim to reducing transaction costs to the firm. Secondary responsibility will be to maintain banking signatories and providing back up assistance to the Exception Management team.
- Importing bank fee data received from our banking partners into a database;
- Recalibrating existing reporting to use newer, more resource efficient data tables;
- Reviewing existing data for accuracy;
- Provide secondary review of data categorization to ensure reporting is reflective of the reality of the business we do with our banking partners;
- Ensuring database functions correctly and tweak code as needed;
- Find discrepancies and address them with the banking partner;
- Make recommendations to reduce expenses to our firm based on analysis of data received from banking partners;
- Liaising with major Banks and Financial institutions;
- Ensure that banking signatories are in line with leadership at our firm;
- Prepare any documentation required by our banking partners to alter signatories or open/close bank accounts;
- Coordinate the KYC (Know Your Customer) process with our banking partners;
- Be a backup resource for the Reconciliation of Bank accounts;
- Ad hoc administration
The Ideal Candidate
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma Accounting is a definite asset;
- Understanding of basic accounting principles and experience booking journals to general ledgers;
- Foreign Exchange/multi-currency exposures are a definite asset;
- Proficient in M/S Office (with particular focus on Excel)
- Proficient with Tableau software and familiarity with SQL coding would give you a competitive edge but is not required
ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Strong attention to detail is essential in order to ensure accuracy and integrity of all financial data;
- Proven record to contribute as a strong team player in a fast-paced, deadline driven, diverse environment;
- Proven ability to make handle and / or lead multiple projects with minimal oversight;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Solid time management skills;
- Exceptional communication skills;
- Uphold the highest level of confidentiality and discretion on daily transactions / responsibilities.
About The Company
Cambridge Global Payments, a FLEETCOR company, is a leading provider of integrated cross-border payment services and risk management solutions. As a trusted partner for 25 years, Cambridge delivers innovative solutions designed to mitigate foreign exchange exposure and address unique business needs. Our award-winning capabilities and industry-leading technologies simplify the way businesses connect with the global marketplace. As one of the largest bank-independent providers globally, we are flexible and responsive, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia. Learn more at cambridgefx.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.