We pride ourselves on our clear, focused and inspiring entrepreneurial vision that enlightens and aligns our departments through consistent communications and a supportive culture. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals interested in joining our team.
We offer competitive base salary, training, full suite of health and dental benefits, personal days, and a vibrant culture with an active social committee in our Toronto headquarters!
Cambridge is seeking a motivated Finance Controller for our growing business in downtown Toronto. This newly created role will have primary responsibility for financial reporting across the global organization, legal entity reporting, regulatory reporting, A/P and A/R, and audit facilitation.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead all operational duties of the Financial Reporting team, ensuring monthly group reporting and regulatory reporting deadlines are met
- Oversee all transactions related to the general ledger, payroll and financial reporting
- Coordinate the completion of the annual statutory financial statements and work closely with the external auditors to ensure timely completion of the audit
- Ensure ongoing SOX compliance and implement new requirements as identified by internal audit
- Manage the monthly balance sheet reconciliation process, ensuring all accounts are reconciled in a timely manner
- Drive automation of manual reporting using various reporting tools and through working with IT to identify and implement new solutions
- Manage the A/P and A/R functions to ensure invoices are paid in a timely manner and prompt collection of client receivables
- Maintain a “Best in Class” finance team that can evolve quickly in a very fast paced environment and believes in efficient collaboration both in and out of finance
- Provide vacation coverage for the VP, Finance and Accounting
The Ideal Candidate
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting is a must;
- Canadian accounting designation required, with preference given to CPA, CA designation;
- 8+ years of combined experience in accounting and financial reporting, with at least 3 years in a management capacity;
- Strong knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP, and emerging accounting issues;
- Experience with creating financial statements and setting up new general ledgers;
- Foreign Exchange, Derivative, and/or multi-currency exposures would be an asset.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work well and handle a fast-paced high-pressure environment;
- Ability to work independently in a time sensitive environment;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to motivate and lead a large team of finance professionals;
- Produce quality work with the highest degree of accuracy and integrity;
- Liaise with all levels of the organization in a professional, courteous manner.
About The Company
Cambridge Global Payments, a FLEETCOR company, is a leading provider of integrated cross-border payment services and risk management solutions. As a trusted partner for over 25 years, Cambridge delivers innovative solutions designed to mitigate foreign exchange exposure and address unique business needs. Our award-winning capabilities and industry-leading technologies simplify the way businesses connect with the global marketplace. As one of the largest bank-independent providers globally, we are flexible and responsive, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia. Learn more at cambridgefx.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.