Payment Investigations Associate
We pride ourselves on our clear, focused and inspiring entrepreneurial vision that enlightens and aligns our departments through consistent communications and a supportive culture. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals interested in joining our team.
We offer competitive base salary, training, full suite of health and dental benefits, RRSP Matching Plan, personal days, and a vibrant culture with an active social committee in our Toronto headquarters!
ROLE FUNCTION AND PURPOSE
Cambridge is looking for a Payment Investigations Associate that will be part of a dynamic, fast paced Operations team focused on Global Payment and FX transactional activity.
The successful candidate will perform a variety of duties relating to the investigation and resolution of post-settlement foreign exchange issues. This includes investigation of post value transactions, amending payments, tracing funds, recalls, etc. Products and services which may result in investigation include foreign exchange settlement, credit, debit, iACH, EFT’s, etc.
- Work with the internal sales team and banking partners to deliver excellent customer service for related investigations such as traces, recalls and amendments;
- Communicate verbally and in writing with all parties concerned to resolve discrepancies and/or to obtain necessary approvals;
- Ensure that all operational arrangements are in place for proper servicing;
- Direct team in successful and quality execution of the above.
- Process investigation requests in a timely manner;
- Work with the accounting team to ensure outstanding items are reconciled;
- Spearhead and assist in process improvements and projects;
- Coordinate and resolve escalations;
- Participate in departmental cross-training;
- Perform ad hoc duties as requested.
The Ideal Candidate
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 2-4 years’ of demonstrated experience in a back-office function;
- Experience in International banking services or financial services industry;
- Knowledge of Swift;
- Post-secondary degree or diploma is an asset;
- Experience in the financial/banking industry would be an asset; and
- IT literate with the ability to quickly learn new systems.
ABILITIES AND ATTRIBUTES
- Team player with a strong customer service focus;
- Good organizational skills;
- Detail oriented with demonstrated levels of accuracy;
- Well-developed ability to integrate knowledge, anticipate outcomes and use personal judgment;
- Good written and verbal communication; and
- Able to follow policies and procedures and understand operational risks.
About The Company
Cambridge Global Payments, a FLEETCOR company, is a leading provider of integrated cross-border payment services and risk management solutions. As a trusted partner for 25 years, Cambridge delivers innovative solutions designed to mitigate foreign exchange exposure and address unique business needs. Our award-winning capabilities and industry-leading technologies simplify the way businesses connect with the global marketplace. As one of the largest bank-independent providers globally, we are flexible and responsive, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia. Learn more at cambridgefx.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.