Validation and Settlements Associate
This job has been closed.
We pride ourselves on our clear, focused and inspiring entrepreneurial vision that enlightens and aligns our departments through consistent communications and a supportive culture. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals interested in joining our team.
We offer complete on the job training, full suite of health and dental benefits, RRSP Matching Plan, personal days, and a vibrant culture with an active social committee, and many growth opportunities in our Toronto headquarters, just steps away from the CN Tower and GO Station.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the validation and settlements team. The successful candidate will complete the daily deliverables for our global client base specifically the timely delivery of all outbound transactions (ACH, EFT, International and Domestic Wires).
- Validating the data input, ensuring that all relevant information has been obtained and local routing requirements are met.
- Participate in the settlement process of spot and forward orders adhering to specific client details in an efficient and accurate manner;
- Oversee the beneficiary creation and validation process supporting outbound settlements of all global currencies (Majors, Minors, Exotics) across all delivery channels (Wire, ACH, EFT, Cheque)
- Ensure funds reach our global clients and beneficiaries in a timely manner with the highest degree of data accuracy and confidentiality
- Work closely with internal business units to improve service delivery and work flow efficiency.
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with our banking partners;
- Comply with all applicable policies, standards, guidelines and controls; and
- Ad Hoc projects as requested
The Ideal Candidate
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Degree/ Diploma in Business, Finance, Marketing, or related field;
- 1-2 years of previous experience in an administrative capacity;
- Experience in the financial/banking industry would be an asset with exposure to and understanding of global payment formatting requirements (major, minor, and exotic markets)
- Experience with SWIFT banking system, payment processing and payment investigations;
- Fully proficient with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and Outlook);
- IT literate with the ability to quickly learn new systems;
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work independently under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment; and
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately with minimal supervision.
- Team player with a strong customer service focus;
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong sense of professionalism and customer-service oriented;
- Detail oriented with demonstrated levels of accuracy;
- Highly organized and able to multi-task effectively in a fast paced environment;
- Able to follow policies and procedures and understand operational risks; and
- Proven ability to deliver results within required deadlines.