Senior Network Engineer
We pride ourselves on our clear, focused and inspiring entrepreneurial vision that enlightens and aligns our departments through consistent communications and a supportive culture. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals interested in joining our team.
We offer competitive base salary, training, full suite of health and dental benefits, RRSP Matching Plan, personal days, and a vibrant culture with an active social committee in our Toronto headquarters!
We are looking for a Network Engineer to design, implement, maintain, and support our growing network infrastructure. You will be part of a team that is responsible for designing and developing scalable, maintainable, highly available network architectures that meet business objectives and SLAs.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS, Wireless Devices)
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes and security configurations
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Work within established configuration and change management policies to ensure awareness, approval and success of changes made to the network infrastructure
- Select and implement security tools, policies, and procedures in conjunction with the company’s security team
- Liaise with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- 10% travel required
The Ideal Candidate
- 5+ years of hands-on network engineering experience CCNP or higher.
- Deep understanding of networking communications (e.g., IPSEC, HSRP, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, 802.11, QoS, GRE)
- Preferred vendors: Cisco, Brocade, Aruba Wireless, Solarwinds, Scrutinizer
- Solid understanding of the OSI and TCP/IP models
- Solid understanding of VOIP communications.
- Hands-on experience with monitoring, network diagnostic and network analytics tools
- Bachelor’s degree in technical field and 5 years of technical related experience or a minimum of 7 years of technical experience
About The Company
Cambridge Global Payments, a FLEETCOR company, is a leading provider of integrated cross-border payment services and risk management solutions. As a trusted partner for 25 years, Cambridge delivers innovative solutions designed to mitigate foreign exchange exposure and address unique business needs. Our award-winning capabilities and industry-leading technologies simplify the way businesses connect with the global marketplace. As one of the largest bank-independent providers globally, we are flexible and responsive, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia. Learn more at cambridgefx.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.