The job has expired.
We pride ourselves on our clear, focused and inspiring entrepreneurial vision that enlightens and aligns our departments through consistent communications and a supportive culture. We are always on the lookout for talented individuals interested in joining our team.
We offer competitive base salary, training, full suite of health and dental benefits, RRSP Matching Plan, personal days, and a vibrant culture with an active social committee in our Toronto headquarters!
Cambridge is looking for a motivated Senior Accountant to join their dynamic team. The successful candidate will be responsible for month-end close, financial reporting & analysis, balance sheet reconciliations, SOX compliance, as well as standalone and consolidated financial statements. The individual must demonstrate a growth mindset, enjoy team coaching, and thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- entries, reconciliations and related analytics;
- Lead derivatives reporting and work closely with Front Office to prepare related analysis;
- Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements for reach reporting entity and on a consolidated basis;
- Review financial results, perform variance analysis and present findings to management;
- Perform and review balance sheet reconciliations to ensure accuracy and completeness;
- Research, analyze and implement new accounting standards as needed;
- Maintain effective internal controls and ensure SOX compliance;
- Design and implement new processes as well as internal controls as needed;
- Liaise with external and internal auditors by addressing inquiries and providing appropriate documents in a timely manner;
- Play a key role in system implementations and upgrades;
- Support special projects and ad-hoc reporting as needed;
- Provide vacation coverage to other areas of the Finance department as required;
The Ideal Candidate
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Qualified CPA with 3-5 years of progressive accounting and finance experience, preferably from a Big Four Accounting Firm;
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance;
- Foreign Exchange/multi-currency exposures are an asset;
- Knowledge of financial instruments is a plus;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (with a strong focus on Excel)
ABILITIES & ATTRIBUTES
- Exceptional ability and willingness to contribute as a team player in a diverse, fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment;
- Great attention to detail in order to ensure accuracy and integrity of all financial data;
- Excellent time management skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities;
- Strong willingness to take initiatives and lead projects with minimal oversight;
- Good organizational skills;
- Solid ability to uphold the highest level of confidentiality and discretion on daily responsibilities.
About The Company
Cambridge Global Payments, a FLEETCOR company, is a leading provider of integrated cross-border payment services and risk management solutions. As a trusted partner for over 25 years, Cambridge delivers innovative solutions designed to mitigate foreign exchange exposure and address unique business needs. Our award-winning capabilities and industry-leading technologies simplify the way businesses connect with the global marketplace. As one of the largest bank-independent providers globally, we are flexible and responsive, with offices across North America, Europe, and Australia. Learn more at cambridgefx.com and follow us on Twitter and LinkedIn.